Saturday, November 6, 2010

sickness

Yeah, I’ve been sick for the past 7 weeks of the 11 that I’ve been here and I’m pretty tired of it. Mumps started it out then onto a really bad sinus cold, then to bronchitis and now to what some say is typhoid and others who say it’s not. Either or I’m still sick. So, out of all the sick days I have taken I am now going to take two weeks to recover and try to get my immune system up at Gimbie Hospital nine hours away from where I am. Why go to Gimbie, you might ask? Well that’s where Taylor (my brother) is and it will be nice to be around a relative that will watch out for me. There has been a lot of ups and downs while in Ethiopia, but as cliché as this sounds I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Mom and Dad, if your reading this I know this sounds kind of untrue. (I’ve called home crying a lot!) but I really do mean it. All the heart ache and ups and downs have been worth it so far and I’m not even half way done! Pray hard for us here. I know that it sounds so brave of us to be here, but it’s not. I’m the biggest wimp out there. It’s all God working through me to get through every day. Some days I just want to give up and come home. Some days I can’t stand the kids that we live with 24/7. But most days I can’t believe how God led us to the place that I’m at and how blessed I am. I love the laid back culture that isn’t focused on time. I love the kids who make me smile and how I am getting to know each personality more and more each day. They are GOOD kids. Kids that are trustworthy and hardworking, they aren’t perfect but they are so precious to me and are becoming more and more as the days go by. I hope that once I go to Gimbie and build my immune system back up that I will be okay to come back to the orphanage and stay for the time, but if not we’ll see what happens. Might come home or I might switch to another place in Ethiopia. I’m open to wherever God leads. Hope that the US is finding you well and that you’re doing some mission work over there. It’s a mission field wherever we are. ☺ Peace.

No comments: